* Note: Practice Space has closed. Check out this announcement for more information. (2/18/2015)
Off-Site is targeted at professionals and creatives in search of a workspace or satellite office in Detroit. The space functions as part collaborative workspace and part eventspace—with focused zones for individual work and with active zones for group work and cultural gatherings. The workspace is open Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm, and events can be scheduled 7 days a week from 8am-10pm (subject to availability).
- BREAKOUT ROOMS: Equipped with shared screens, pinup walls and whiteboards, for teams to meet and flesh out ideas.
- STUDIO SPACE: Including dedicated desks, shared workstations, storage, work surfaces, printing equipment, and stock design materials.
- PRESENTATION SPACE: A large gathering area available for lectures, workshops, gallery exhibits, film screenings, design critiques, and other showcase events.
- LIBRARY: A curated collection of resource material—including books and magazines for design inspiration, a catalogue of past projects, and a bank of templates for legal agreements, cost estimation, and code research.
- LOUNGE: A place to hang out, relax, and catch up on reading, including a kitchenette to prepare food and brew coffee.
Beyond any features, the most valuable asset of this space is the community. The people who inhabit Practice·Space will create an ecosystem for small-scale, big impact design and development in Detroit.